This is how we do 😎
Long story short, we're an established product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge.
The other half of our value proposition is getting shit done quickly. We work in sprints, sharing the progress of our work with clients on a weekly basis. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end-user close, and go fast.
Spilling the beans 📢
Enough meandering, let's talk specifics. We’re looking for a Business Developer keen on building and maintaining Bothrs’ online reputation, prospect pipeline and existing clients. In business terms, that means prospecting, cold outreach, lead qualification and nurturing. Let’s reiterate, but with bullet points this time:
- You like nothing more than building new relationships and maintaining existing ones with our buyer persona (product & innovation people) by keeping a close eye on our social pages, introducing people to each other and being truly engaged in commenting on relevant conversations, articles,...
- You reach out proactively to accounts that show engagement or intent that also fit our ICP based on companies engaging on Linkedin, companies visiting our website, MQLs recognized by Hubspot, the contact form of our website,...
- You’ll be drafting proposals for tailored strategic tracks and execution, communicating these in a clear way to new and existing clients.
- You have a knack for prospecting accounts that have a perfect fit with our ICP by researching tech and company challenges through desk research, own network, events and community management.
- You’ll be responsible for qualifying and activating inbound leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities (chasing for calls as well as nurturing).
- You optimize the closing rate of your sales opportunities by pitching a solution, creating a sense of urgency and overcoming the prospects’ objections and ultimately closing them for sale.
- You ensure that the effort, deliverables and impact of our proposed work is crystal clear to the client and prospects, providing value through strategic advice.
- You make sure any kind of feedback from clients or others about our services reaches the product team.
- You work on the business with the external growth team, improving processes, workflows, sales assets and conversion.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. Which is why passion and eagerness to learn are things we look for the most. But, just to reiterate, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some soft and hard skills that will definitely help you land this job:
- As an excited tech startup geek you’ve got about 3 to 5 years of similar working experience(s) in a Business Developer position, preferably in a startup SaaS or digital product industry.
- You’re looking for an environment where you can become an expert at selling complex solutions at a high speed.
- You’re always on the lookout for personal and professional growth opportunities, being a quick learner and being able to digest vast amounts of information.
- You’re a social butterfly who loves to build relationships and gets energized by engaging with people. You have a natural tendency to post and engage on social media.
- You understand the long term goals of a business and are able to tackle complex issues by advising businesses on how our services can help achieve those long term goals.
- You can identify tech and company challenges through client research and working together with the strategy team.
- You’re very fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Hard work doesn’t deter you, you’re a go-getter.
Bringing it home 🚀
Our teams mean the world to us. On a personal level, we care about three things: growth as an individual, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. A nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatBusiness Developer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.