This is how we do 😎
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Cue that one Spongebob meme where he does the rainbow thing with his tiny sponge hands. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end-user close, and go fast!
Spilling the beans 📢
Let’s cut to the chase. Over the past few months, we’ve been ramping up our team size quite substantially, which means we can take on more projects, implying we can attract more clients. Put one and two together and you can imagine why we’re looking for some more firepower in the sales department. So, we’re looking for a Business Development Representative with strong community management skills, building and maintaining Bothrs’ online community and prospect pipeline.
A BDR plays one of the most important roles in the entire sales process. This guy, gal, or non-binary pal is the first person in line to reach out to potential clients, and keep the conversation going to win them over. In business terms, that means prospecting, cold outreach, lead qualification and nurturing. Let’s reiterate, but with bullet points this time:
- You’ll be serving as the face of the company, with LinkedIn as your principal tool. You like nothing more than building new relationships by keeping a close eye on our social pages, introducing people to each other and being truly engaged in commenting on relevant conversations, articles,...
- You are the first point of contact for all new prospects, you develop your sales funnel and pilot your leads through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- You’ll conduct baseline research to identify and reach out to important accounts that have a perfect fit with our ICP.
- You’ll be responsible for qualifying and activating inbound leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities (chasing for calls as well as nurturing).
- You explore new and creative ways to generate leads. We’ll support you in conducting experiments and growth hacks you feel are worth trying.
- You’ll be setting up a business development plan to help achieve goals and sales targets as a team.
- You make sure any kind of feedback from clients or others about our services reaches the product team.
Are you that somebody? 🤔
We all have to start somewhere. Which is why passion and eagerness to learn are things we look for the most. But, just to reiterate, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some soft and hard skills that will definitely help you land this job:
- As an excited tech startup geek you’ve got a first working experience in a similar BDR position, preferably in a startup digital studio, SaaS or digital product industry.
- You’re a social butterfly who loves to build relationships and gets energized by engaging with people. You have a natural tendency to post and engage on social media.
- You can identify tech and company challenges through client research and working together with the strategy team.
- Your ability to pass judgement and make quick decisions is on point.
- A lean mindset and experience with working in sprints shouldn’t be new to you.
- You can express yourself clearly and eloquently, regardless of the medium.
- You’re very fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Second or third languages are a plus.
- Hard work doesn’t deter you, you’re a go-getter.
- You’re a curious person always looking to learn new things.
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatBusiness Development Representative
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
What's in it for you
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).