Are you our new Senior Design Strategist?
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. We help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end-user close, and go fast!
This is how we do 😎
Designing and building digital products, experiences and solutions is what we do. We’d also like our finished work to look neat and foolproof, as well as fun and convenient to interact with. Something users would like to come back to. Sure we’ve got plenty of technical expertise, strategic prowess and the necessary design skills, but right now we need a veteran design strategist.
Being part of the strategy team at Bothrs means figuring out what our clients really want to achieve. This is about turning the clients’ challenges or ideas into solid business strategies, creating visual prototypes to test with real people and top this all off with splendid user interface designs.
Spilling the beans 📢
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs, as a Design Strategist:
- You help companies with defining their product strategy and technical strategy through Design Sprints and Prototyping Sprints.
- Identify and translate opportunities for new and existing clients into actionable strategies and profitable efforts.
- Brief multi-disciplinary teams on the client’s business and the goals of the opportunity.
- Represent the client’s interests, ultimately owning the strategic outcome.
- Safeguard the best UX principles and communicate them to the customer, ensuring they make decisions that are right for them, and the overall UX.
- You will have a consultancy role in the field of Design, technology and digital strategy for existing clients and will be adding expertise and knowledge in agency pitches or tenders.
- Exploring and communicating design concepts through sketches, user flows and wireframes, which serve as a foundation for you to build high-level prototypes. These are pretty much pixel-perfect designs, I.E. user interfaces for web applications.
- Validating design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability and considering both the state of the market and technical constraints.
- Iterating your design based on said user feedback. Understand how and when to prioritize user needs.
- Reporting, presenting and sharing your key learnings to the team, to business stakeholders and the world via our blog and events.
- Being up to date with the latest trends in design and digital businesses, allowing you to inspire and challenge clients.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. That’s why passion and eagerness are things we look for the most. However, since this is more of a senior position, relevant experience is mandatory. In any case, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some things we’re looking for in a position of senior UI/UX design strategist:
- You’ve got at least 5 years of relevant experience as a UX(&/UI) designer or design strategist.
- Mastery of UX/UI design and design management. Our aim is to improve the quality standard of the experiences we create; help us define what great work looks like, and subsequently show us the way.
- We’re fond of things like lean thinking, design sprints, and iterative design. If you’re already familiar with some of these terms, awesome! If not, you’re at least curious to try and adopt them.
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback to your fellow designers.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts to both technical and business audiences.
- Experience in a strategic or client services role in a professional services, agency or consulting environment.
- Experienced digital evangelist and innovator with a passion for keeping up with digital consumer trends and technologies.
- You’re a top-notch strategist, with exceptional credentials in strategy definition & digital transformation.
- As a digital strategist, you master outstanding analytical & problem-solving skills - combining ‘big picture thinking’ with a ‘keen eye for the details’.
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having a high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
Do you think we have a match? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s go grab a drink!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatDesign Strategist
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.