This is how we do 😎
As a lead developer, you’re the king of the castle. A good king that is, no Leopold II shenanigans around here. You are a beacon of light and expertise; you’ll represent and guide a team of developers, keeping them challenged and focused. You also make sure they’re somewhat presentable as human beings, you know how they can get.
Are you that somebody? 👀
As you might have gathered from the intro, your communication, people & strategic skills are as essential, if not more so than your technical abilities:
- You care deeply about customer service and you’re able to communicate effectively and timely; it’s the only way to make close collaboration work as it should. You’re down with the business lingo as well, as in you can translate a buzzword-drenched conversation into technical next steps.
- Ideally, you have a history of mentoring people. You need to be able to give others your undivided attention, taking time to understand the points they make, ask direct questions in an appropriate fashion, and you’re able to deliver constructive feedback time and time again. Together with HR, you’ll also supervise the hiring process of new developers and mentor the newly hired ones.
- By using the powers of logic and reason, you can identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches or solutions to problems. You can effectively break down large development tasks and set up a smooth workflow. If you love filling up backlogs, this one's for you.
Time to get technical 🤓
Even though you’re backed by a bunch of talented developers, you’ll still need to lead by example. You are a full stack developer yourself, after all. Below is a huge list of languages and technologies we use on the regular. It would be great if some of these sounded familiar to you! We ‘d love to dive into that a bit deeper during an interview so make sure you have some examples with you.
- Frameworks: React/Next, React Native, Vue.js/Nuxt, Svelte/Sapper
- Linting: ESLint, Prettier
- Quick deployments: now.sh, surge.sh
- Design systems: Figma, Zeplin
Modern back end API:
- API Standards: REST, GraphQL, JSON API
- Frameworks: Express, Koa, RESTify, Serverless
- ORM: Sequelize
- Continuous Integration: Gitlab, Circle CI
- Containerization: Docker
- Data Storage: Airtable, SQL, Firebase/Parse, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB
- Server OS: Ubuntu
- Cloud Providers: Digital Ocean, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having a high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
Do you think we have a match? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s go grab a drink!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatLead Developer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).