This is how we do
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Cue that one Spongebob meme where he does the rainbow thing with his tiny sponge hands. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. We're also developing a toolkit of our own, one that we can easily implement in new projects to gain momentum quickly. Which is the other half of our value proposition; getting shit done quick. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end user close, and go fast.
Spilling the beans
Enough meandering, it’s time to talk specifics. We’re looking for our new operations lead! You will be the head of our internal growth department. Being the operations lead at Bothrs means you will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational activities and processes. You will optimize our internal growth strategy and drive the development and implementation of operational, financial and legal processes.
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs:
- Collaborate with the founders in driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and capacity planning
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of our leadership
- Quality assurance of organisational processes (eg sprint, collab cross team,...) to maximize quality, effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the internal growth team and lead them towards success
- Ensure operational excellence whilst keeping a commercial mindset
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Looking for ways to make project funnel more productive, such as digitizing processes or adjusting procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and implementing financial and legal processes and standards
- Overseeing budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Ensure regulatory compliance
What you will bring to the role?
- At least 5 years of experience in leadership roles in operations or similar preferably in a digital agency or consulting environment
- You have experience with managing and training a high performing team of HR and operational professionals (such as product managers and strategists)
- You have experience with building and implementing operational, financial & legal processes and procedures
- Experience with addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer experience
- You have a broad business knowledge, covering areas such as HR, finance and legal
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback.
- Great interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- You thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, French is a plus
Bringing it home
Our teams mean the world to us. On a personal level, we care about three things: growth as an individual, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. A nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatOperations Lead
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
What's in it for you
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).