This is how we do 😎
We love designing and building digital products and conversational solutions; experiences that transform brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives better & more convenient. We are a team of technical whiz kids, superstar designers and lionhearted project managers. Together, we tackle the digital challenges of today and tomorrow. And it just so happens we’re looking for a new hero to join our team.
Spilling the beans 📢
Enough meandering, it’s time to talk specifics. Keep in mind, we can’t reasonably expect you to master all these tasks from day one; we’ll guide you through the process every step of the way. So, here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs, as a Design Hero:
- Run The Show: Conducting user research, capturing insights and organizing design sprints and workshops with stakeholders to identify key pain points and opportunities.
- What’s The Dealio: Exploring and communicating design concepts through sketches, user flows and wireframes, which serve as a foundation for you to build high-level prototypes. These are pretty much pixel-perfect designs, I.E. user interfaces for web applications.
- Get On Top: Being the man/woman with the plan, keeping everyone on-message to ensure the proposed design fits user needs, business goals and long term strategy.
- Check Yourself: Validating design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability and considering both the state of the market and technical constraints.
- Keep It Coming: Iterating your design based on said user feedback. Understand how and when to prioritize user needs.
- One Love: Foster an open, collaborative and transparent relationship between Bothrs and the client or partner.
- Lay It Down: Reporting, presenting and sharing your key learnings to the team, to business stakeholders and the world via our blog and events.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. That’s why passion and eagerness are things we look for the most. If you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some qualities that will definitely help you getting the job done:
- High-fidelity mockups, wireframes and prototypes; these things should feel like everyday occurences to you. Tools like Figma, Sketch, and Framer, shouldn’t sound too unfamiliar to you.
- You’re able to focus on deliverables and outcomes; you don’t dwell on your designs for ages until everything is absolutely perfect, which will rarely happen in the first place. Getting started is more important than being right!
- We’re fond of things like lean thinking, design sprints, and iterative design. If you’re already familiar with some of these terms, awesome! If not, you’re at least curious to try and adopt them.
- You’ll be working very closely with a small multidisciplinary team consisting of a hungry product manager, a smooth behavioral designer, brilliant full-stack and front-end developer. Proper communication with your team, as well as with partners or clients, shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Above all else, you’re eager to learn and grow.
Bringing it home🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
Do you think we have a match? Hit us up at email@example.com and let’s go grab a drink!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatProduct Designer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
- Remote okayYes!No
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to ge that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).