Are you our next Design Hero?
Not to sound desperate or anything, but we could really use an extra set of hands around here. Okay, fair enough, just the hands probably isn’t gonna cut it. But by all means, keep reading and you might end up becoming a senior UX/UI Designer at Bothrs!
This is how we do 😎
Designing and building digital products, experiences and solutions is what we do. We’d also like our finished work to look neat and foolproof, as well as fun and convenient to interact with. You know, something users would like to come back to. Sure we’ve got plenty of technical expertise, strategic prowess and the necessary design skills, but right now we need a veteran UX/UI designer to help use raise the bar, guide our designers, and is capable of delivering quality work on time, every time.
Spilling the beans 📢
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs, as a Design Hero:
- What’s The Dealio: Exploring and communicating design concepts through sketches, user flows and wireframes, which serve as a foundation for you to build high-level prototypes. These are pretty much pixel-perfect designs, I.E. user interfaces for web applications.
- Get On Top: Being the man/woman with the plan, keeping everyone on-message to ensure the proposed design fits user needs, business goals and long term strategy.
- Check Yourself: Validating design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability and considering both the state of the market and technical constraints.
- Keep It Coming: Iterating your design based on said user feedback. Understand how and when to prioritize user needs.
- Lay It Down: Reporting, presenting and sharing your key learnings to the team, to business stakeholders and the world via our blog and events.
- On The Lookout: You’ll also be involved in the scouting and recruiting of new design-related positions at Bothrs. Together with HR, you’ll be supervising the hiring process of new designers and provide input and mentoring to new hires.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. That’s why passion and eagerness are things we look for the most. However, since this is more of a senior position, relevant experience is mandatory. In any case, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some things we’re looking for in a position of senior UI/UX designer:
- You’ve got at least 5 years of relevant experience as a full-time UX(&/UI) designer.
- Mastery of UX design and design management. Our aim is to improve the quality standard of the experiences we create; help us define what great work looks like, and subsequently show us the way.
- Ensure our designers operate as they should; set clear, ambitious goals and let them progress and grow their career and skill set. You motivate designers to focus on delivering their best possible work in the shortest amount of time.
- We’re fond of things like lean thinking, design sprints, and iterative design. If you’re already familiar with some of these terms, awesome! If not, you’re at least curious to try and adopt them.
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback to y our fellow designers.
- Sticking to the plan is crucial. Our process is our backbone, and we want to continuously refine and improve upon it; losing track of progress and process is detrimental to the outcome of any project.
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
Do you think we have a match? Hit us up at email@example.com and let’s go grab a drink!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatSenior UX/UI Designer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).