This is how we do 😎
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Cue that one Spongebob meme where he does the rainbow thing with his tiny sponge hands. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end-user close, and go fast!
Spilling the beans 📢
Enough meandering, it’s time to talk specifics. We’re looking for our new strategy lead! You will be working with our product teams and strategists. Being a strategist at Bothrs means you figure out what our clients really want to achieve. This is about turning clients challenges or ideas into solid business strategies and creating visual prototypes to test with real people.
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs:
- You will take the lead of our strategy team
- You help companies with defining their product and brand strategy through research, Design Sprints and Prototyping Sprints.
- You clearly communicate recommendations for product, brand, experience and business strategy to both the client and internal product teams
- Brief multi-disciplinary teams on the client’s business and the goals of the opportunity.
- You effectively partner with internal and external parties from discovery to delivery and growth of new products
- You lead client workshops, making sure everyone is aligned and ends the workshop with a concrete plan.
- You understand our clients’ needs and mindset and combine this with knowledge of current business and market challenges. You increase Bothrs’ value to our clients by turning our strategists into top-notch thought partners and change agents.
- You identify strategic gaps throughout the projects and assign internal strategist(s) accordingly to bridge those gaps.
- You identify and translate opportunities for new and existing clients into actionable strategies and profitable efforts for the firm.
- Help advance the practice of client strategy at Bothrs.
- You make sure Bothrs stays on top of the industry by constantly researching and analyzing our customer and competitors.
- You’re able to convert data into tangible insights (e.g. personas, journey maps, backlogs, and roadmapping).
- You will have a consultancy role in the field of digital strategy for existing clients and will be the expert adding your expertise and knowledge in agency pitches or tenders.
- You occasionally speak at (online) events about innovation, technology and digital strategy.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. That’s why passion and eagerness are things we look for the most. If you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some qualities that will definitely help you get the job done:
- 5+ years of profound product & business strategy or client partner experience in an agency or digital consulting environment.
- Experience in a digital strategy lead position in an agency or consulting environment
- You have experience with digital product idea generation, design, evaluation and launch
- You are data-driven and research-led, which means you care about numbers as well as behavioral insights
- Outstanding analytical & problem-solving skills - combining ‘big picture thinking’ with a ‘keen eye for the details’
- Experienced digital evangelist and innovator with a passion for keeping up with digital consumer trends and technologies
- Top-notch strategist, with exceptional credentials in strategy definition & digital transformation
- Customer-centric mindset
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts to technical, design and business audiences
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with demonstrated success in creating real impact within a networked, cross-organizational environment in new business / customer initiatives
- Outstanding verbal, written and visual communications skills (Dutch, English); able to interact with all levels in the organization
- Stress resistant with ability to deliver high-quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organization under time pressure
Bringing it home🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatStrategy Lead
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
What's in it for you
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).