This is how we do 😎
In short, we’re a tight group of strategists, designers, and engineers. Our main goal is building whatever is necessary to make our clients’ businesses grow and making the lives of their customers a little easier. And we’re quick about it, too.
Put more concretely, we’ve got several agile product teams working directly with clients to continuously shape and build the digital product that’s perfect for their needs. Go to market ASAP, then start iterating for maximum impact. This is why being fast doesn't imply you're sacrificing quality, or creating a stressful environment.
The keyword here is “impact”. Both for our clients, and for the people working on all these cool projects. We do this by quite literally focusing on creating focus. Clear outcomes each week, one project at a time, no distractions.
Beyond that, expect a dynamic environment filled with young and ambitious people, as well as lots of project variety and room for R&D and personal growth.
Your Role in the Spotlight 💡
As Engineering Lead, you've not only navigated the challenges of a Full Stack Developer but have also thrived in creating innovative solutions beyond your comfort zone. Your role is a dynamic blend of strategic leadership and hands-on expertise.
R&D on New Technologies & Studio Strategy:
- Dive into cutting-edge tech trends, shaping our R&D efforts.
- Drive strategic decisions that set the course for the studio's future.
Solution Architecture for Customers:
- Provide strategic guidance during partnerships, facilitating feasibility studies.
- Craft robust solution architectures for customer projects.
Coaching of Engineers:
- Mentor and coach of engineers, fostering growth and skill development.
- Together with HR, you’ll also supervise the hiring process of new developers and mentor the newly hired ones.
- Jump into engineering and coding tasks to support our teams when needed.
- Coordinate customer support activities, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Contribute to pre-sales activities, including estimations and solution architecture.
Our stack 👌
We try to stay on top of our game, and won't hold back to try out the latest tools and technologies. Hence the importance of being able to learn on the job. Anyway, we build a lot front end applications, as well as back-end APIs using a myriad of tools and frameworks. Don't be alarmed if you're not fluent in all of these (yet!) though, that's perfectly fine.
Modern front end:
- Frameworks: React/Next, Vite, React Native, Capacitor
- Linting: ESLint, Prettier
- Deployment: Vercel, expo.io
- Design tools: Figma
- No-code platforms: Webflow, Framer, Retool
Modern back end:
- Languages: Node, Python
- API Standards: GraphQL, REST
- Frameworks: ExpressJS, NestJS
- CI/CD/Containers: GitHub Actions, Docker
- Storage: Airtable, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebase, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Cloud Providers: Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean
The age of AI 🤖
At Bothrs, we're not just keeping up with the latest in tech; we're racing ahead. We're looking for someone with a healthy curiosity about Generative AI.
Do vector embeddings, vector databases like Pinecone and Weaviate, Langchain, or Chainlink ring a bell? Great! We're eager to explore how these cutting-edge technologies can revolutionize our approach to digital product development.
Your enthusiasm for these fields will be a huge plus, as we believe they hold the key to unlocking even more personalized and efficient solutions for our clients. Staying ahead of the curve and constantly learning is part of our DNA.
If you're excited about being at the forefront of AI and its practical applications in web development, you'll fit right in!
Are you that somebody? 👀
- You've got at least some years of experience in a lead role (e.g. Engineering Lead, CTO, … ).
- You’re comfortable with both front-end and back-end programming, you're the complete package.
- You've demonstrated experience in support, including jumping into engineering and coding tasks to aid teams when necessary and coordinating customer support activities to ensure client satisfaction.
- You have a strategic technology vision with a keen interest in emerging technologies, including (generative) AI.
- You’re experienced in agile methodologies and lean thinking, guiding teams towards efficient and adaptive development practices.
- Collaboration and communication are your superpowers.
- You’re a constant innovator, your drive to improve and optimize fuels your every move
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback.
- Initiating projects from scratch is your forte.
- You’re fluent in Dutch and English
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatEngineering Lead
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.