This is how we do 😎
In short, we’re a tight group of strategists, designers, and engineers. Our main goal is building whatever is necessary to make our clients’ businesses grow and making the lives of their customers a little easier. And we’re quick about it, too.
Put more concretely, we’ve got several agile product teams working directly with clients to continuously shape and build the digital product that’s perfect for their needs. Go to market ASAP, then start iterating for maximum impact. This is why being fast doesn't imply you're sacrificing quality, or creating a stressful environment.
The keyword here is “impact”. Both for our clients, and for the people working on all these cool projects. We do this by quite literally focusing on creating focus. Clear outcomes each week, one project at a time, no distractions.
Beyond that, expect a dynamic environment filled with young and ambitious people, as well as lots of project variety and room for R&D and personal growth. Also, no timesheets. We believe everyone has their own rhythm, and expectations are managed accordingly.
Spilling the beans 📢
Right now, we’re looking for a full-stack engineer with 5-6 years of experience to strengthen one of our product teams. You're a developer who has already stumbled onto challenges where you had to create new solutions from scratch out of your comfort zone. Your experience, skills and passion will come to life at Bothrs.
- You’ve got full responsibility over the front and back end. The product designer(s) and PM on your team will make sure you have everything you need at all times.
- You’ll be working directly with clients, sharing your perspective, challenging their ideas, and showing your work every Friday during a weekly demo session.
- Being a key player in the team, you love giving and receiving honest feedback, as well as collaborating with and coaching other developers. Knowledge sharing helps everyone; this is not some kind of competition.
- Lastly, growth. Together with the rest of your team you’ll investigate opportunities in learning, reusability, documentation, boilerplates, and personal growth during dedicated R&D weeks.
You know how to kickstart a new product, with the right tools. This includes:
- Having a healthy love-hate relationship with Typescript.
- Being comfortable with front-end things like React Hooks, Styled Components and Tailwind, just to name a few.
- Choosing between GraphQL or REST depending on the situation.
- Working with MongoDB or MySQL to build the right data-driven solutions.
- Building robust integration tests to make sure we got our bases covered.
- Constantly staying up to date with developments in web applications and programming languages
Our stack 👌
We try to stay on top of our game, and won't hold back to try out the latest tools and technologies. Hence the importance of being able to learn on the job. Anyway, we build a lot front end applications, as well as back-end APIs using a myriad of tools and frameworks. Don't be alarmed if you're not fluent in all of these (yet!) though, that's perfectly fine.
Modern front end:
- Frameworks: React/Next, Vite, React Native, Capacitor
- Linting: ESLint, Prettier
- Deployment: Vercel, expo.io
- Design tools: Figma
- No-code platforms: Webflow, Framer, Retool
Modern back end:
- Languages: Node, Python
- API Standards: GraphQL, REST
- Frameworks: ExpressJS, NestJS
- CI/CD/Containers: GitHub Actions, Docker
- Storage: Airtable, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebase, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Cloud Providers: Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean
The age of AI 🤖
At Bothrs, we're not just keeping up with the latest in tech; we're racing ahead. We're looking for someone with a healthy curiosity about Generative AI.
Do vector embeddings, vector databases like Pinecone and Weaviate, Langchain, or Chainlink ring a bell? Great! We're eager to explore how these cutting-edge technologies can revolutionize our approach to digital product development.
Your enthusiasm for these fields will be a huge plus, as we believe they hold the key to unlocking even more personalized and efficient solutions for our clients. Staying ahead of the curve and constantly learning is part of our DNA.
If you're excited about being at the forefront of AI and its practical applications in web development, you'll fit right in!
Are you that somebody? 👀
- You’ve got at least 5 years of experience in working with (part of) the stack mentioned above
- You are comfortable with both back-end and front-end programming
- You have a healthy curiosity about (generative) AI
- Experience with the agile way of working and lean thinking
- Being able to effectively collaborate and communicate, is super important. It's a huge factor in terms of our velocity
- An urge to constantly try to improve, or be more efficient
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback.
- You like kick-starting new projects from scratch
- You’re fluent in Dutch and English
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatFull Stack Engineer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.