Who are we?
In short, we're a happy bundle of designers, developers, product managers, creatives, facilitators, nerds, and strategists. And one thing we really pride ourselves on, is being able to ship finished projects hella fast.
We're adamant on keeping development cycles as short as possible. Having to work on the same project for too long is mind-numbingly boring and flat-out ineffective for everyone involved. A bright blue hedgehog once said: "Gotta go fast!" and honestly, we couldn't agree more.
A high-velocity environment and a wide variety of projects to work on sounds great, but balance is equally important. Everyone can and should take the time to learn new things, and have freedom to experiment. Doing small internal projects for fun, or competing in hackathons are good examples of this.
Are you that somebody?
You're a developer that has already stumbled onto challenges where you had to process complex data, write algorithms into readable and functional code and create the matching integration tools for other applications. You know what good APIs need and what the difference is between creating a GraphQL API and a Rest API. It's a plus if you have already implemented event-driven solutions. You like to combine data and mathematical challenges and turn them into well written, unit tested code.
You know when to use a MongoDB and when PostgreSQL is ideal. You have already used multiple ORMs but know when a good old query is still the way to go. Improving performance of database queries and refactoring code to maintain and iterate on a product are no dealbreakers for you. And last but not least, you know how to kickstart a new product, with the right tools.
We work with small teams in Bothrs and depending on the project, we also want you to contribute parts in our Front-ends. React Hooks are no issue for you, but fancy animations and advanced CSS are not your sweet spot. You work best in combination with another full-stack developer that puts more focus on the front-end, while learning from each other. From time to time, we have projects where we rely on the back-ends of our customers and or focus is more on building a great front-end. That's ok for you, because some variation on the job keeps you sharp.
What tools do we like?
We try to stay on top of our game, and won't hold back to try out the latest tools and technologies. Hence the importance of being able to learn on the job. Anyway, we build a lot front end applications, as well as back end APIs using a myriad of tools and frameworks. Don't be alarmed if you're not fluent in all of these (yet!) though, that's perfectly fine.
Modern front end:
- Frameworks: React/Next, React Native, Vue.js/Nuxt, Svelte/Sapper
- Linting: ESLint, Prettier
- Quick deployments: now.sh, expo.io
- Design tools: Figma, Framer
Modern back end:
- Languages: Node, Python, PHP
- API Standards: GraphQL, REST
- Frameworks: ExpressJS
- CI/CD/Containers: Github Actions, Google Cloud Run, Docker
- Storage: Airtable, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebase/Parse, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Cloud Providers: Digital Ocean, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
What's in it for you?
Three things: growth as a developer, having a high impact from day one, and getting paid. It really doesn't get more straightforward than that. A company like ours can't thrive if the people in it can't grow themselves.
Think you're a match? Hit us up for a quick chat, and if all goes well we'll set you up with a small case for you to solve. Good luck!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatFull Stack Developer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
What's in it for you
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).