This is how we do 😎
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Cue that one Spongebob meme where he does the rainbow thing with his tiny sponge hands. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. We're also developing a toolkit of our own, one that we can easily implement in new projects to gain momentum quickly. Which is the other half of our value proposition; getting shit done quick. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end user close, and go fast.
Spilling the beans 📢
Enough meandering, let's talk specifics. We’re looking for a product manager with a reasonably strong technical background. More importantly, this individual can spearhead a team of engineers and designers, and together deliver quality products. You’ll be working at the intersection of business, technology, strategy and UX. We’re looking for someone who’s a resolute decision-maker, someone who’s articulate and knows how to effectively collaborate with clients.
So, here’s a rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs:
- Communicating with clients, keeping them updated and happy on a daily basis.
- Working closely with client stakeholders and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well-built.
- Helping drive client pitch meetings for new potential clients, as well as new projects with existing clients.
- Leading the design, technical development, and launch of projects assigned to your team.
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with your team.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. Which is why passion and eagerness to learn are things we look for the most. But, just to reiterate, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some soft and hard skills that will definitely help you land this job:
- You’re very comfortable meeting with clients on a daily basis.
- You’re able to collaborate efficiently with a team of engineers and product designers.
- You can make tough decisions and clearly articulate the reasoning behind them.
- You're able to effectively take on a leadership role in your team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have some experience with some of the following tools:
◦ Segment, Google Analytics, or a comparable web analytics service
◦ Wireframing and prototyping tools (Invision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc.)
◦ Design tools (Sketch, Figma, FramerX etc.)
◦ Project management tools (GitHub Issues, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, etc.)
Bringing it home 🚀
Our teams mean the world to us. On a personal level, we care about three things: growth as an individual, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. A nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatProduct Manager
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.