This is how we do
Long story short, we're a young product studio in the heart of Ghent. A product studio that builds digital experiences. Cue that one Spongebob meme where he does the rainbow thing with his tiny sponge hands. Think of it as an umbrella term for digital products and services with a strong focus on UX. Anyway, we help other companies envision, design, and build these digital experiences. This could be in the context of an innovation project, a new venture, or as a solution to an internal business challenge. We're also developing a toolkit of our own, one that we can easily implement in new projects to gain momentum quickly. Which is the other half of our value proposition; getting shit done quick. To give you an idea, a development cycle only takes about 6-8 weeks around here, ultimately yielding an MVP. Trust the process, keep the end user close, and go fast.
Spilling the beans
Enough meandering, let's talk specifics. We’re looking for a product manager with a reasonably strong technical background. More importantly, this individual can spearhead a team of engineers and designers, and together deliver quality products. You’ll be working at the intersection of business, technology, strategy and UX. We’re looking for someone who’s a resolute decision-maker, someone who’s articulate and knows how to effectively collaborate with clients.
So, here’s a rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs:
- Communicating with clients, keeping them updated and happy on a daily basis.
- Working closely with client stakeholders and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well-built.
- Helping drive client pitch meetings for new potential clients, as well as new projects with existing clients.
- Leading the design, technical development, and launch of projects assigned to your team.
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with your team.
Are you that somebody?
We all have to start somewhere. Which is why passion and eagerness to learn are things we look for the most. But, just to reiterate, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some soft and hard skills that will definitely help you land this job:
- You’re very comfortable meeting with clients on a daily basis.
- You’re able to collaborate efficiently with a team of engineers and product designers.
- You can make tough decisions and clearly articulate the reasoning behind them.
- You're able to effectively take on a leadership role in your team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have some experience with some of the following tools:
◦ Segment, Google Analytics, or a comparable web analytics service
◦ Wireframing and prototyping tools (Invision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc.)
◦ Design tools (Sketch, Figma, FramerX etc.)
◦ Project management tools (GitHub Issues, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, etc.)
Bringing it home
Our teams mean the world to us. On a personal level, we care about three things: growth as an individual, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. A nice paycheck also helps.
Do you think we have a match? Hit us up at email@example.com and let’s go grab that clichéd drink!
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatProduct Manager
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
What's in it for you
- 🤟Dynamic TeamWe hear you, another boring (insert synonym for buttocks) office… *sigh*. Well that’s where we will blow your mind with our badass team of demigod heroes. We’d love for you to experience this for yourself!
- 🇧🇪Ghent BasedWith true Belgian roots (not at all a requirement), where to better work than Ghent? A medieval looking city, with knowledge for decades and a friendly yet boosting cadence. Welcome!
- 🌎Remote WorkNot an office type of person? Or no true sporty spice on the bike? No issue, even though we’re fond of seeing you, we are unconditionally fine with some good old working from home (or the coffee bar around the corner).
- ✈️Company TripsBut how to get that creative unicorn dust restacked… Well since exploring the world is our hobby, we are in love with company trips! Don’t miss out ;)
- 💥High ImpactEvery nanosecond of that brain processing power gets turned into marvellous products that create high value for our fans (let’s not call’m customers). Great stuff!
- 💸Great PayAll of that hard work has to pay off right? So what about that cold hard cash in the bank? We’ll take care of your splurges, by serving you some soothing euro’s (or any other currency you prefer).