Are you our next Design Hero?
Not to sound desperate or anything, but we could really use an extra set of hands around here. Okay, fair enough, just the hands probably isn’t gonna cut it. But by all means, keep reading and you might end up becoming a UX/UI Designer at Bothrs!
This is how we do 😎
Designing and building digital products, experiences and solutions is what we do. We’d also like our finished work to look neat and foolproof, as well as fun and convenient to interact with. You know, something users would like to come back to. Sure we’ve got plenty of technical expertise, strategic prowess and the necessary design skills, but right now we need a UX/UI designer to help us raise the bar, guide our designers, and is capable of delivering quality work on time, every time.
Spilling the beans 📢
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Bothrs, as a Design Hero:
- What’s The Dealio: Exploring and communicating design concepts through sketches, user flows and wireframes, which serve as a foundation for you to build high-level prototypes. These are pretty much pixel-perfect designs, I.E. user interfaces for web applications.
- Get On Top: Being the person with the plan, keeping everyone on-message to ensure the proposed design fits user needs, business goals and long term strategy.
- Check Yourself: Validating design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability and considering both the state of the market and technical constraints.
- Keep It Coming: Iterating your design based on said user feedback. Understand how and when to prioritize user needs.
- Lay It Down: Reporting, presenting and sharing your key learnings to the team, to business stakeholders and the world via our blog and events.
Are you that somebody? 👀
We all have to start somewhere. That’s why passion and eagerness are things we look for the most. However, since this is more of a senior position, relevant experience is mandatory. In any case, if you’re unsure whether you’re up to the task, here are some things we’re looking for in a position of senior UI/UX designer:
- You’ve got at least 2-5 years of relevant experience as a full-time UX(&/UI) designer.
- Mastery of UX design and design management. Our aim is to improve the quality standard of the experiences we create; help us define what great work looks like, and subsequently show us the way.
- You’re fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
- Ensure our designers operate as they should; set clear, ambitious goals and let them progress and grow their career and skill set. You motivate designers to focus on delivering their best possible work in the shortest amount of time.
- We’re fond of things like lean thinking, design sprints, and iterative design. If you’re already familiar with some of these terms, awesome! If not, you’re at least curious to try and adopt them.
- Feedback is what drives progress, that’s why you should be able to supply radical yet constructive feedback to your fellow designers.
- Sticking to the plan is crucial. Our process is our backbone, and we want to continuously refine and improve upon it; losing track of progress and process is detrimental to the outcome of any project.
Bringing it home 🚀
Believe us when we say our team of heroes means the world to us. Simply put, we care about three things: personal growth, having high impact, and getting paid. It’s hard to get a company to thrive if the people in it can’t grow along with it. And you can’t force personal growth either; so where does the motivation to learn and grow come from? That’s right, it’s knowing your efforts are making a difference. Every day, we want you to leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah, and a nice paycheck also helps.
- WhereGhent, Belgium
- WhatUX/UI Designer
- CommitmentFull-Time Position
Good to know:
- 🎯We focus on creating focusNobody can be productive with a completely fragmented schedule. That's why our teams create full weeks of focus, dedicated to a single project, goal, or outcome. We only do things that matter.
- 💪Small teams, huge individual impactEach product team at Bothrs has like, 5 people in it, tops. And they get to collaborate directly with clients. We're actually building and launching stuff instead of getting involved with politics.
- 🥇We leave room for personal growthBecoming the best version of yourself at Bothrs is a two-way street. That's why we invest hundreds of thousands each year into courses, coaching, and internal R&D weeks.
- 🎛Staying mindful about workloadsA fast-paced environment sounds almost synonymous with a poor work-life balance. But we've learned that longer hours don't equate to better results, so we steer clear of overtime.
- 🥰A group of caring, like-minded peopleEveryone around here is equally passionate, perfectionistic, and horny for efficiency. Our culture revolves around improving people's quality of life, and that includes our own teams.
- 🎤Radically candid feedback, alwaysProper collaboration means everyone provides and receives feedback that is honest and constructive. Even our own clients may have their ideas challenged by us.